Wednesday 22 July 2015

A bucket of wine

Today has been basically horrible. We were meant to be going to a theme park for the day - planned for weeks, big day out, think to look forward to. Unfortunately SmallPerson's chronic procrastination accompanied by rudeness and screaming meant that I had to follow through after I said 'if you're not ready and downstairs in 10 minutes we aren't going'.

There was a lot more to it than that, but all I'm left with now is the feeling that I'm somehow a bad parent - even though I know drawing a line is good parenting. But I ruined my day as well and oh man was it draining dealing with a couple of hours of that and not erupting like Vesuvius.

We ended up going to my office instead, where I sent my other employee home at lunchtime as I was so ratty I was scared I was going to start snapping at him too. SP was as sulky as you would expect and I just could NOT concentrate on anything. So it's all been one big waste of time and effort.

I'm just wrecked now, can't think, exhausted, really down. I could open a bottle of wine right now and just gulp it. Who needs a glass?

I'm gulping AF beer instead and trying to forget that hubs has a chilled bottle of white in the fridge. This is one of those big test moments. But right now being able to switch off and numb it all really does feel like a very good idea.

I'll try to post something more positive tomorrow I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Susie,
    Would your hubby be willing to not keep alcohol in the house?
    I think that would be hard.
    I hope your day tomorrow goes better!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy - oh yes he'll do whatever he can to help! To be fair it's the left over bottle from my birthday party which I said he could keep inside. It's still in the fridge :) But I will move it myself if needs be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this title and thought, oh no! someone get her out of the bucket! Thank goodness it was misleading:)

    ReplyDelete