Tuesday 21 July 2015

Balance

All my negativity came out in that last post didn't it! So there are a couple of positive things I ought to report as well....

1) I'm not good with new people, I'm very antisocial, I don't talk to strangers. But last night the office next door neighbour came out of his house carrying a brass band instrument, which was reason enough for me to ask him which band he plays with. Turns out we know a lot of people in common and it was nice to have a quick chat rather than just nodding in passing.

2) I've been an amateur photographer for a week now. I've already had one person ask for a print and been told that my shots are 'very marketable'. I have no illusions about becoming great or making money from my hobby but it's a good feeling to try something new and not totally suck at it - especially as I thought I would. If I can make a little just to pay for new lenses and stuff that would be cool. I may even start a photography blog!

3) Business is booming. My little company is doing really well -I need to look up from the exhaustion and stress and remember that. And the main thing I wanted - to be a great place to work as well as a great company - seems to be coming to fruition as both my employees keep telling me how much they love it here. Yay!

7 comments:

  1. That is all MASSIVE and so positive. I'm convinced these great changes happen for us when we put the bottle down. I really am!
    I'm thinking about borrowing my husbands camera as I've discovered I really like taking pics! And dancing. I want to go dancing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I won a (small!) competition last night as well with a photo, which was exciting.
      Can't dance to save my life though. What sort of dancing?

      Delete
  2. Sounds very good, Susie!
    Look at the good energy coming from you now that you aren't drinking.
    I have to remember this myself!!
    :)
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, another blog! I'm a huge fan of multi-blogging. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, but probably from my 'real' account....still not ready for people to find this one ;)

      Delete
    2. I will, but probably from my 'real' account....still not ready for people to find this one ;)

      Delete