Friday 25 March 2016

Sober 2.4

Day 4. Feeling more human today. It's Good Friday so I was able to sleep in until about 10.30 which was great - hopefully more of the same tomorrow!

Today has mainly been about waiting for slow computers. I have a lot of photos to process, and it's been suggested that I might like to sell some, so I've had to re-size them and upload them to various sites. It will be a tiny miracle if I make any money from it, but enough to buy a new lens now and then would make me very happy. If it pays for next year's trip to Iceland, so much the better!

I think that Day 4 might be easier than it was the first time around - I don't know, it just doesn't seem like such a big deal this time to be going sober. The cravings are less - although they're still there - I'd not say no to a glass of something right now, but at the same time I'm feeling too lazy to actually get up and get something. So that's that!

Hoping my skin will start to improve soon, that's definitely a deterioration I noticed again once I re-started drinking...more spots!  Better sleep will be a good thing too - I can sleep for hours and wake up tired. I'm not really sure now how much better that was when I was sober last time around, mind. I have some very weird dreams sometimes.

I let this journal lapse last time around too - in the end I started drinking on 30 November, so I went nearly 6 months. This time - fewer than 4 months to my birthday and 5 months to the big holiday. A gap between the two of them. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment